The Salvation Army Temple corps is looking for a highly organized person with great people skills to join their team as the new Community Center Coordinator. This is a part-time position, 25 hours a week, that comes with benefits such as paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan. Starting pay is up to $13.00 depending on education and experience.
1. Create and Develop programming for Community Center with a priority on sports and recreational programs.
2. Recruit and manage volunteers to adequately support Community Center programs.
3. Collect revenue where applicable for programs to meet budget needs.
4. Coordinate the acquisition and maintenance of community center equipment and supplies.
5. Oversee leagues and programs.
6. Submit statistical records and reports.
7. Create and manage monthly newsletter; submit program notices and articles to local newspaper/social media/other designated communication venues to promote program attendance.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
Minimum of Two (2) years college courses in related area or three (3) years’ working experience with youth, adult and/or senior groups preferred. Combination of training and experience will be considered.
Proven Leadership and collaboration skills.
Requires a Missouri Class E driver’s license – or the ability to obtain within first 30 days and pass The Salvation Army (TSA) Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
Good written and oral communications skills.
Team player, self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time and perform well with minimal supervision.
Demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment.
Empathy for problems of all age groups, and knowledge of forces which impact them.
Familiar with philosophies, standards and methods developed in The Salvation Army.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50lbs regularly. Capable of performing in an office environment to include: proficient in using a computer, office equipment, answering phones. Must be able to perform the above essential duties. Most work will be indoors in a temperature-controlled environment (gymnasium or office). There will be times the individual is frequently in and out of vehicles.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.