Manages thrift store by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
Store hours: 9am-9pm
40 hour Full time employee with possible OT time.
1. Schedule clerks to ensure coverage in store at all times scheduled to be open.
2. Supervise clerks in performance of duties to ensure compliance with directives and guidelines.
3. Provide training for new personnel.
4. Bank cash receipts at end of business day. Safeguard cash at all times.
5. Attend monthly staff meetings for managers and keep personnel informed of new policies and directives.
6. Maintain good customer relations, as is expected by all staff.
7. Order merchandise and maintain accurate inventory of goods on hand.
8. Report safety hazards. Responsible for the protection of personnel, property, and building.
9. Be prepared for reassignment to other stores at the direction of Store Supervisor.
10. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
Directly supervises store clerks. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Salvation Army policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or equivalent, experience in retail sales.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to operate a cash register.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be bondable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and hear or talk. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment for this position is a store setting with limited temperature control. The noise level is moderate.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.