The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requirements: 18 years of age; some formal work with youth preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide supervision to a small group of youth ages 5-12, at all times, on site and on field trips.
2. Complete all paperwork and administrative duties as assigned.
3. Be aware of and follow all safety precautions and procedures..
4. Responsible for making sure you have copies of the registration forms for all of your group at all times.
5. Responsible for the implementation of program plans as assigned by the director or head counselor.
6. Help with the maintenance of all areas used by the day camp.
7. Conform to the weekly schedule by attending all staff meetings.
8. Aware of the mission statement of The Salvation Army and make every effort to be a positive representative of The Salvation Army, both on and off site.
9. Take on other responsibilities as directed by the Community Center Director.
10. Ability and willingness to promote and comply with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army.
11. Be responsible for the welfare of each individual in the assigned group.
12. Have current CPR and First Aid Certification or be willing to take training to become certified if asked.