This position is primarily responsible primarily to run the cash register, assist customers, and to properly price when needed and display merchandise through out the store. This is a regular part-time position with a workweek expectation of 25 hours per week.
• Run the cash register
• Keep the area near the cash register
• Clear racks and remove empty hangers
• Help maintain neat appearance on sales floor
• Assist customers as needed
• Answer the phone in a business type manner
• There are times individuals receive assistance through our voucher system. Confidentially and dignity must be maintained
• Discard items that are not of showroom quality.
• Assist with keeping the store clean. It is understood that it is the job of all store workers to help keep the showroom and backroom clean, neat and safe.
• Help count the deposit at the end of the day, when needed.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors, volunteers and customer; and respect for others and their property. Professional and appropriate communication to and about customers, donors, co-workers and supervisors.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience. Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and/or in a team setting, computer literate and be proficient in Word, Lotus Notes and Excel. Possess a positive attitude, works well with others, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters and be well organized and efficient. Must be able to pass The Salvation Army’s background checks, clerical screenings, and meet the MVR drivers’ qualification. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first ninety (90) days of employment.