The Salvation Army Thrift Store in West Frankfort, Illinois, is looking for a part-time, 20-25 hours per week, Thrift Store Worker. This position comes with benefits such as paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan. Starting pay is $8.25 an hour.
1. Professionally engage and assist customers with their purchasing needs.
2. Professionally engage with other staff and leadership in a manner which promotes positive relationships.
3. Sort donated items as directed.
4. Price donated items as directed.
5. Prepare and place donated items on racks/shelves for display.
6. Assist in loading and unloading truck, customers’ vehicles, and/or donors’ vehicles, as directed.
8. Accurately operate cash register / point of sale computer transactions for purchased items including reconciling the cash drawer and assisting with bank deposits, daily.
9. Perform store custodial duties to include: break area, bathrooms, floors, trash, windows, dusting, as directed.
10. Maintain sales floor showroom clean and neat at all times.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
High school or equivalent diploma and one year of related work experience. Ability to operate a cash register/point of sale computer to include accurate sales transactions and making correct change. Position requires communicating with and assisting customers and working as a team with other employees. Performing the required job duties well, with minimum supervision, is required.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Must be capable of performing the above essential duties. Capable of continuously lifting 5 pounds, frequently lifting 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently moves 50 or more pounds using dolly/cart/truck. Most work will be indoors. The sales floor showroom is a temperature-controlled environment; however, the sorting/back room/storage area will be cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
To apply for this position just click on the "Apply for this job online" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen, or you can visit the thrift store at 1101 E. Main St., West Frankfort, IL 62896, and ask for the manager on duty.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.