Oversee the general operation of pickups of donated items to the Williston Corps. This is a part-time position with a workweek expectation of 20 hours per week.
1. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors, and subordinates. Support the mission of The Salvation Army by treating every client and colleague with individual respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
2. Make early morning donation pick-ups from 8 am till 12:00 Pm. This includes traveling to appointed designation(s), loading and unloading items onto or off of van and carrying items into corps community center for distribution.
3. Do other pick ups and deliveries as instructed.
4. Conduct daily pre-trip inspections of the vehicle, monitor and notify office of needed repairs and routine maintenance so it can be scheduled.
5. Operate the vehicle in safe manner.
6. Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks within the scope of this job description as assigned from time-to-time by management representatives.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Must also have 2 years driving experience with a class “D” license and Medical Examiners Certificate; must be at least 18 years old with clean driving record for the past 3 years. Ability to deal courteously with donors and other employees, able to work with and train helper and be customer-service oriented. Must be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters, work well as team player, well organized and efficient. Must be able to pass The Salvation Army’s MVR Drivers Qualification rating and have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and regularly lift and move 50 pounds and pass The Salvation Army’s background check. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.