Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the FSC Social Service Director or other appropriate administrative staff, is responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of building, grounds, and equipment. Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems. Performs the work of employees and other duties as required.
• Determines materials, equipment, and supplies to be used.
• Coordinates or installs, inspects repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing & mechanical.
• Coordinates or inspects, operates and maintains the heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
• Do general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, repair windows, repair flooring, cabinets, and plumbing.
• Process work orders for specific maintenance projects process and purchase orders as needed for supplies and equipment. Maintain a notebook of completed assignment and of upcoming assignment.
• Report all major repairs needed to the Director of Social Services as any vandalism, maintenance concerns or security.
• Solicit bids for repairs and maintenance projects.
• Maintain cleanliness and order in 4th building and maintenance shop.
• On call Status
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma
• Driver license
• Must be able to pass a yearly Motor Vehicle Report
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees and vendors/contractors.
• Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as needed.
• Ability to update inventories and other supplies as needed.
• Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
• Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Worker must be able to lift, carry and or move 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds frequently. He/she must be able to operate light and heavy yard, floor, snow removal and other maintenance equipment on a regular basis. The worker must be able to work sustained periods in harsh exterior environments such as snow and ice removal, yard work, etc.
Office work environment with low to moderate noise levels; industrial building work areas such as boiler and equipment rooms with moderate to loud noise levels; outside work areas with small to mid-size motors with moderate to loud noise levels.