Oversee all dock operations by performing the following duties.
1. Maintain order and safety on the dock for all items being loaded or unloaded.
2. Supervise operation of forklift as necessary, being sure operators observe all safety regulations.
3. Supervise operation of weight scales and proper recording of weights.
4. Direct all incoming material to either the warehouse, dump or As-Is sales, ensuring the best possible distribution of materials for highest resale value.
5. Cooperate with store supervisor on selection of items for As-Is sales, ensuring the best possible distribution of materials for highest resale value.
6. Oversee all help, maintaining proper decorum of behavior and language as represents Salvation Army policy.
7. Supervise the unloading of all trucks and CCC units.
8. Oversee loading of mattresses, trailers and bales. Arrange with supervisor to schedule pick-up prior to being full.
9. Use provided back guard when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
10. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
Supervises Dock Workers in accordance with The Salvation Army policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or equivalent. Two (2) years transportation, warehouse and/or loading dock experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read an comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger or handle; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and some close vision.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and a warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.