The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The primary responsibility of this position is to ring up merchandise, total bill, accept payments and make change for customers in Family Store by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Works to maintain sales and production rotation quotas.
• Stock racks, shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
• Price unmarked items of merchandise.
• Cleans shelves, counters or tables.
• Operates cash register, accepting payment and making change. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
• Follows through on outdating as instructed.
• Helps set up displays and arranges merchandise to promote sales.
• Responsible to maintain good customer relations by giving prompt, courteous assistance to customers.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High school or GED.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situation to customers, clients, and other employees.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to operate cash register.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must be bondable
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with arms and hands, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to focus.
• This position works in a warehouse environment with moderate noise levels.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will not do anything as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description and agree that it is an accurate description of my duties and responsibilities. I further understand that management reserves the right to make changes to this description at any time without prior notice.