The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean-up all areas in and around the Temple Corps making sure that all vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, removing garbage, etc. is done in a timely manner before weekly and Sunday programs/activities. The areas needing attention would include, but are not limited to:
o Chapel area
o Multi-purpose Room/Dining Room
o All Classrooms
o All Offices
o All Restrooms
o Gym/Community Center Area
o Parking Lots and Outside Areas Surrounding Building
• Keep restrooms clean, stocked with paper towels, toilet tissue, soap, air freshener, etc.
• Maintain perimeters which include, lawn care and parking lot
• Make minor repairs when necessary
• Report all janitorial/maintenance related problems
• Keep order and inventory needs relating to janitorial supplies up-to-date
• Assist in picking-up and/or unloading food deliveries as needed
• Assist with Hot Meal program
• Assist in all seasonal programs such as, but not limited to, Community Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Cheer and set up/clean up for such events
• Will Occasionally drive for Programs
• Other Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED;
prior janitorial/maintenance experience preferred
(1 – 2 yrs); and/or technical/vocational schooling (1 – 2 yrs).
Language/Ability: Ability to read and comprehend
simple instructions, labels (in order to mix and use
cleaning chemicals/solutions), short correspondence
and memos. Ability to effectively communicate verbally
with other employees.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by
employee to satisfactorily perform the essential functions
of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The position
requires much physical and strenuous activity. Employee
must be able to be on his/her feet for much of the day.
The employee must frequently lift/and/or move up to
100 pounds (occasionally more).
Must be an approved driver
Must be able to drive a 12 passenger van
Must have chauffer’s license
Must be able to support and fulfill the mission which is the following:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.