The Salvation Army Midland Divisional Headquarters is looking for a strong multi-tasker with an accounting background to join our team as the new Contract and Grant Coordinator. This is a salaried position that comes with a great benefits package which includes medical, dental, and life insurance, company funded pension plan, 10+ paid holidays per year, vacation time, and sick/personal time. Starting pay will be up to $38,000 a year depending on education and experience.
This position prepares billings for reimbursements for all funding sources directly related to assigned Units’ programs. Monitors spend down of all funding sources for assigned Units. Provides support and assistance to the administrators of assigned Units on an as-needed basis. Meets all contractual accounting reporting requirements for assigned Units. Position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies and standards.
1. Establish, maintain, and revise proper documentation for all assigned government and contract grants.
2. Coordinate with internal/external auditors for review of grant documentation.
3. Prepare and submit billings for reimbursement from governmental and other contractual agencies/funding sources, for assigned Units.
4. Prepare timely external reports for funders on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis as required by funders.
5. Responsible for the portion of the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) pertaining to the assigned units in the scope of the external audit.
6. Prepare monthly accruals for assigned Units’ grant activity.
7. Prepare monthly report of grant activities for assigned Units by the 10th of each month.
8. Ensure accuracy of general ledger activity as related to assigned Units grants on a monthly basis with emphasis on year end, September 30.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
Bachelors degree in accounting/related field plus two (2) years accounting/related field work experience. Combination of education and work experience will be considered. Required computer knowledge includes experience with spreadsheets, word processing and network-based accounting software. Must be a team player, a self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time and perform well with the minimum supervision. Must demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment. Position requires valid drivers’ licenses, pass TSA MVR check and reliable transportation to visit assigned sites.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.