The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage all aspects of the store by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Maximize net income by increasing sales and reducing expenses.
• Schedule clerks to ensure coverage in store at all times scheduled to be open.
• Supervise clerks in performance of duties to ensure compliance with directives and guidelines.
• Provide training for new personnel.
• Ensure cash receipts are banked at end of business day and information is sent to DHQ as required. Safeguard cash at all times.
• Attend monthly staff meetings for managers and keep personnel informed of new policies and directives.
• Maintain good customer relations, as is expected by all staff.
• Order merchandise and maintain accurate inventory of goods on hand.
• Report safety hazards. Responsible for the protection of personnel, property, and building.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Directly supervises store personnel.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Salvation Army policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Experience in retail sales.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to operate cash register.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must be bondable
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and hear or talk.
• The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• This position works in a warehouse environment with moderate noise levels.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will not do anything as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description and agree that it is an accurate description of my duties and responsibilities. I further understand that management reserves the right to make changes to this description at any time without prior notice.