The Salvation Army Midtown Service and Treatment Center in downtown St. Louis is looking for a part-time, 24 hours per week, Treatment Program Aide. This position comes with benefits such as holiday pay, sick time, vacation time, and is eligible for participation in the company provided pension plan. Starting pay is $10.00 an hour.
This position monitors all activities associated with the Detox and Treatment Program, maintains shelter security, and performs related duties to maintain control and assist clients in the detox program.
1. Conduct evaluation interviews to assess the type of treatment required by the client and develop a treatment plan to address client needs including screenings and intakes on client upon admission into the detox unit.
2. Perform clients’ breathalyzer and urinalysis.
3. Orientate clients upon admission into the detox or treatment unit.
4. Conduct one individual session with client daily.
5. Counsel detox clients about treatment options and make referral to agencies as needed.
6. Refer eligible clients to Pre-Treatment program for admission and transfer client file information to Pre-treatment program supervisor.
7. Conduct group counseling activities.
8. Lead group education two to three times weekly.
9. Provide direct care to detox clients including monitoring vital signs and dispensing medication according to established protocols.
10. Dispense Treatment client meds according to established protocols.
11. Maintain confidential, systematic, accurate documentation of client progress.
12. Monitor conduct of Detox and Treatment clients ensuring compliance with all Harbor Light center policies and procedures.
13. Conduct room inspections and maintain good order, neatness, and overall cleanliness of the Detox unit and/or 2nd floor Treatment area and monitor area to ensure that clients are in assigned areas.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
High school/equivalent diploma and one year work experience or two years work experience without diploma. Must be willing to pursue RASAC certification. Hepatitis A vaccine documentation required by the City of St. Louis Health Department. Annual TB test required per Salvation Army Harbor Light Policy. Current CPR certificate required. Must provide primary source verification of appropriate required credentials within 90 days of employment. Must be a team player, a self starter, and perform well with minimal supervision. Must think independently and demonstrate sound judgment. Must be supportive of The Salvation Army’s mission and policies. The position requires a high level of confidentiality. Good communication skills as well as the ability to work with diverse and challenging personalities are essential.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.