SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.
Basic Functions: It is the goal of The Salvation Army to employ a highly motivated person with a strong Christian faith to supervise and be actively involved in children’s activities during SHARE Summer Day Camp.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Be actively involved with the children throughout your time on duty
Care for and be responsive to the needs of our campers
Be prepared to accept daily assignments from the supervisor
Create and lead craft and art projects
Create and lead organized activities
Create and lead Bible discussion
Lead/participate in daily opening/closing and songs
Supervise children during field trips
Help prepare and serve meals or snacks for the children
Assist the Supervisors and Corps Officers in the effective running of the daily operation of the Corps Community Center by fulfilling all assigned duties
Transport food or supplies between sites
All other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor or Corps Officer
• Basic understanding of The Salvation Army mission and ability to work within its stated objectives
• Deeply committed Christian who has a strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Must be available to work June through August 2018
• Must possess a genuine love for children, a creative spirit, the ability to be flexible when needed and lots of patience
• Physically able to handle all duties with or without reasonable accomodations