Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Thrift Store by greeting and assisting customers, operating the cash register, visual merchandising and cleaning. This is a part time regular position with a workweek expectation of 25 hours per week.
• Greet customers with courtesy, Run a cash register and make change.
• Assist in ringing out the cash register at the end of each day.
• Assist with opening and closing the store as scheduled.
• Assist all customers and help them find merchandise they are looking for.
• Assist welfare clients in selecting merchandise as per the voucher instructions.
• Prepare merchandise for sale, which includes sorting, pricing, etc.
• Remove older items that have not been sold.
• Organize merchandise on shelves and racks.
• Maintain check-out area in a clean, orderly, attractive manner.
• Maintain sales floor in a neat, orderly manner (fitting rooms, displays, etc.)
• Answer the telephone, take messages.
• Perform other store duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED, with previous cashier experience helpful. Must be personable, neat and groomed at all times, trustworthy, work well with others - treating all customers with courtesy and politeness, able to accept supervision, follow instructions, be a team player and able to work independently. Must pass the background checks and be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.