The Salvation Army Temple corps is looking for a highly organized person with great people skills to join their team as the new Community Center Coordinator. This is a part-time position, 28 hours a week, that comes with benefits such as paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan.
1. Assist Corps Officers in creating and developing programming of the Community Center.
2. Recruit and manage volunteers to adequately support Community Center programs.
3. Assist Corps Officers in generating revenue from programs to meet budget needs.
4. Coordinate the acquisition and maintenance of community center equipment and supplies.
5. Plan, direct, monitor, supervise and officiate leagues and programs.
6. Submit statistical records and reports, monthly.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
Minimum of Two (2) years college courses in related area and three (3) years’ working experience with youth, adult and/or senior groups. Combination of training and experience will be considered.
Proven supervisory and management skills with the ability to train and lead staff and/or volunteers. Requires a Missouri Class E driver’s license – or the ability to obtain within first 30 days and pass The Salvation Army (TSA) Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
Good written and oral communications skills.
Team player, self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time and perform well with minimal supervision.
Demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment.
Empathy for problems of all age groups, and knowledge of forces which impact them.
Familiar with philosophies, standards and methods developed in The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.