The incumbent is primarily responsible for providing administrative support for the Human Resources Department. Other responsibilities include but may not necessarily be limited to operating office equipment, including personal computers, copiers and fax machines. This is a part-time regular position with a workweek expectation of 25 hours per week.
1. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
2. Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the ADP HRIS/Payroll Services software and related operating system.
3. Prepare, edit, file, mail, sort, hole-punch, copy and fax correspondence in a timely manner.
4. Complete employment records audits as requested in a timely manner.
5. Maintain and ensure all employment files are in legal compliance with both state and federal employment laws, processed accurately and filed as soon as possible.
6. Process new hire paperwork, including background checks, E-Verify, as needed.
7. Verify all employee changes in ADP.
8. Address ADP questions and concerns from the field.
9. Responsible for running employee MVR checks, maintaining MVR records, communicating with Chesterfield and notifying corps of qualified/disqualified drivers.
10. Develop and maintain a sufficient knowledge of, and provide support for, all other HR functions.
11. Manage the bell ringer hiring process and other seasonal demands during the Christmas Season.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma, with 2-3 years of experience in a human resources administrative support role. The incumbent must be computer literate to include expertise in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); experience using Lotus Notes is preferred and the ability to effectively use the Internet. The incumbent must also possess an aptitude in both written and oral communication, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters, organized, efficient, and detail-oriented and have strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to pass the background check and meet the MVR drivers’ qualification. The incumbent must be willing to support the Mission of The Salvation Army. It must also be understood by the incumbent that the position is subject to the requirements of Safe From Harm upon commencement of employment, and that the required Safe From Harm training program must be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.