THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
OBJECTIVE: To ensure a safe and secure facility for clients, personnel and the property at large. Provide assistance for leasing clients during their rental schedule activities.
1. Engage and dis-engage entry doors and security system as needed to accommodate after hours and weekend activities.
2. Monitor and secure the building to ensure safety and security of the property and clients.
3. Advise Corps Officer regarding needed repairs, supplies and housekeeping matters.
4. Receive, receipt and secure donations and payments as needed in accordance with Salvation Army policies and procedures.
5. Report all Community Center statistics to Corps Administrative Assistant on a monthly basis or as requested.
6. Assure building is safe and accessible to participants for weeknight/weekend events. This may include snow removal and salt application on front walkways.
7. Assist with Special Events throughout the year.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be given to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
This employee must be a high school graduate or have an equivalent G.E.D Certificate. He/she must have a working knowledge of the Bible and evangelistic methodology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands associated with this position include but are not limited to: snow removal, salt application and light hauling of supplies from lower levels to upper levels (or reversed).