MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
SUMMARY: Promote community stabilization through frequent case management activities responsive to the intensity of consumers’ needs. Perform in-home and community-based mobile case management addressing illness management, peer support, crisis prevention/intervention, and appropriate utilization of community-based resources and services willing to utilized trauma informed practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other similar and related duties may be assigned.
1. Complete comprehensive strength-based psychosocial assessment at intake or within 10 days of admission. Collect information and develop Individual Program/Service Plan (ISP), integrating individual’s strengths and needs, considering community, family and other supports, suggesting measurable goals and specific interventions that include documented discharge and relapse prevention plan within 7 days of admission.
3. Participate in monthly treatment team meetings including but not limited to program participant, intensive case manager, and supervisor.
4. Monitor medication compliance, and provide assistance in structuring self-medication regime.
5. Provide family/support system education and support
6. Provide direct active rehabilitation and support interventions with focus on: Activities of Daily Living, education, budgeting, medication compliance and self-administration, relapse prevention, social skills, and independent living skills.
7. Develop and implement strategies to ensure the individual becomes engaged and remains engaged in other necessary mental health treatment services as recommended and include in the treatment/recovery plan.
8. Assist in transitioning to lower level of care and increased community independence.
9. Perform services coordination and case management activities including coordination or assistance in accessing medical, social education, housing transportation or other appropriate support services as well as linkage to more/less intensive community services.
10. Participate with and report to treatment/rehabilitation team on individual’s progress and response to community support interventions in the areas of relapse prevention, substance use/abuse, application of education and skills, and the recovery environment
11. Prepare and implement crisis/relapse plans.
12. Respond rapidly to crisis situations, including a comprehensive assessment and thorough risk assessment.
13. Support and intervene in time of crisis. Participate in crisis/relapse intervention and involvement to transition consumer’s return to community and avoid need for higher level of care.
14. If hospitalization or residential care is necessary, facilitate the individual’s transition back into the community upon discharge in cooperation with the treatment provider.
15. Present program participants at intake, at time of extension, and as needed to Multi-Disciplinary Team to obtain feedback to address any barriers or clinical issues.
16. Will continue to utilize and refine trauma informed skills through training and practice.
17. Driving is an essential function of this position
18 Provide on call coverage. On call coverage is scheduled on a two week rotation between all staff.
On call coverage includes taking calls via telephone and going into the office to address a situation
Programming– While following program policies, procedures, and emergency procedures and consistently applying program rules and regulations:
1. Complete Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Training initial training and refresher course annually.
2. Complete 12 hours of intensive on-going training per year based on program/participant population need such as Trauma Informed Care, Co-Occurring Disorders, Emergency Protective Custody training (EPC), Board of Mental Health (BOMH), Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), Behavioral Health Diagnosis, symptomology and interventions annually.
MARGINAL DUTIES include those functions that must be done but could be assigned to another staff member without significantly changing either employee's job. Participate in performance and quality improvement program.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in psychology, social work, or related field or, in another field with advanced education in psychology, social work, sociology or related field. At least one year of experience in direct care of participants with severe and persistent mental illness or other Mental Health Services required.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Lotus Notes or similar software and the internet. Basic typing skills required. Ability to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None required.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must pass all applicable background checks. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE As The Salvation Army is conside4red a religious organization it is exempt from Unemployment Insurance and Cobra.