The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Help maintain food pantry and helping with youth programing.
• Responsible for food distribution and replenish the shelves in the food pantry.
• Refer clientele to Case Manager for completion of assessments.
• Maintain clientele records and record for monthly statistics.
• Make sure the food pantry is keep stocked and prepare food lists for the pantry distribution.
• Maintain and supervise volunteers for the food pantry, janitorial workers, truck days and all court ordered community service volunteers.
• Help with youth programs, including but not limited to evening youth events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Monday 9-11, Tuesday 9-3, Wednesday 2:30-6:30, Thursday 9-3
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This Position is required to do light to moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. The individual must be able to frequently lift up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. Individual must be able to work with clients that have poor social skills, suffer from mental illness, and have substance abuse problems.