The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
calculation, posting, and verifying documents. Duties are to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records. Compiles, sorts and processes documents including invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, receivers and vendor checks. Reviews account statements, reports, and other records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews vendor invoices and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, and approval.
• Processes vendor invoices including encoding, data entry, appropriate account distribution and amount, and updates the system upon approval.
• Maintains unpaid vendor files to insure timely payment and terms.
• Prints checks and attaches supporting documentation, submits for approval and signature.
• Files all accounts payable documents chronologically and maintains paid vendor invoice files.
• Reconciles vendor statements and communicates regularly with vendors on account discrepancies, payment or posting errors, missing invoices etc.
• Files, scans, and accurately enters all records, registers, journals, and cash disbursements into DocSTAR document storage system.
• Maintains spreadsheet reports on expenditures for management analysis.
• Prepares grant worksheets as needed.
• Special projects as assigned.
Good communication, personal, organizational and accounting skills, neatness in work, able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Experience in Accounts Payable preferred. High school diploma.
Pass The Salvation Army’s background check.
• Full Time