THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
1. Ensure all corps properties are maintained in a clean, organized and safe manner at all times
2. Vacuum, sweep, mop, wax and buff floors as needed
3. Empty all trash receptacles on a daily basis or as needed
4. Clean and disinfect drinking fountains, toilets, urinals, sinks and trash cans on a daily basis.
5. Ensure paper and soap products in bathrooms are fully stocked at all times
6. Mow, week, remove leaves, snow, ice and other debris from exterior properties as needed.
7. Sep up and tear down rooms for regular and special events and meetings as needed.
8. Assist with pick-ups of Food Band and other supplies as needed.
9. Submit a list of needed cleaning and maintenance supplies to the Corps Officer on a weekly basis.
10. Supervise Community Service Workers and Volunteers assigned by Corps Officer
11. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or equivalent. One (1) year of related experience.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This position is required to do moderate to heavy physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to lift forty plus pounds (and up to 100 pounds on occasion), bend, twist, carry, move, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, stand for an extended period of time and frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in operating equipment such as a forklift and Salvation Army vehicles. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes a warehouse environment with moderate to high noise level."