THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
This position is responsible for administrative and general office operations, including greeting people and answering calls to aid and properly direct individuals to proper staff to address their needs, additionally, responsible for entering data and maintaining accurate records and to positively interact with others to fulfill the mission and ministry of The Salvation Army.
Working Hours: 9:00 am- 3:30 Pm
Pay Rate : $11.00 Hourly
30 Hours per week.
• Must have an Associate’s degree or three years’ experience in a similar position
• Must have valid driver’s license and pass the Salvation Army background checks and MVR qualification
• Must be able to drive a 12 passenger van
• Possess a pleasant and professional telephone voice
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and exercise good judgement.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow up on assignments
• Ability to get along with people
• Willingness to attend and participate with The Salvation Army Grandale church is a plus
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to lead and motivate people
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Good communication skills
• Proficient in the operation of office equipment such as computers, calculators, copy machines, fax machines, and multiple line telephone systems.
• High level of computer operation as well as being skilled in operating Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability and willingness to promote and comply with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army.
RESPONSIBLE TO: CORPS OFFICERS
• Responsible to perform and maintain efficient operation of the general office
• Provide administrative assistance to the Corps Officers as requested
• Provide assistance to individuals by answering any general questions concerning The Detroit Grandale programs
• Ensure that telephone calls and subsequent messages are distributed to the appropriate staff person in a timely manner
• Assist Lead Case worker with incoming pantry guest and reports
• Maintain front lobby area by ensuring there is no unauthorized gathering, or excessive noise
• Maintain confidential information that is seen and discussed on a daily basis
• Responsible to be familiar with and up to date with all Church events, program and services.
• Accurately enter financial data (contributions, deposits, accounts payable, other miscellaneous adjustments) in appropriate reports and other required locations in a timely manner.
• Process and track paperwork, forms, etc. for deposits, program fees, EFSP and payment of approved expenses.
• Assist with data entry, statistics, compose and compile reports of services and activities for The Salvation Army and all other partnering programs/organizations, as required.
• Keep inventory of office supplies
• Assist with the Christmas campaign and other programs as needed
• Responsible for recording minutes/notes in staff meetings and other meetings as assigned
• Responsible for engaging/ managing volunteers and summer city workers
• Receive all mail and ensure that it is delivered to the Corps Officers
• Work with the Corps Officers/other staff members to create, prepare, and send any mailings that might be necessary
• Report verbally and in writing, all difficulties and challenges in the building, to the Corps Officers
• Must perform other clerical duties pertinent to the establishment
• Required to maintain a positive working relationship with a variety of contacts, including but not limited to donors, business, volunteer, Advisory Board committee members, Divisional Headquarters, community groups, service providers, and other Salvation Army Staff members
• Other task and duties as assigned by the Corps Officers
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently
• Frequent sitting for long periods of time.
• Fast pace and moderate noise
• Capability to visually inspect packages, equipment, and fixtures, as well as observe people and events
• The ability to hear and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Ability to use a computer keyboard and/or handwrite.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.