The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The primary responsibility of this position is to process donated materials by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Process all merchandise efficiently and properly following the standards and quotas of The Salvation Army.
• Price clothing per Salvation Army policy.
• Rotate assignments as directed by the Store Manager, learning all functions of the processing system.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Processing experience preferred.
• Ability to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• This position works in a warehouse environment with moderate noise levels.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will not do anything as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description and agree that it is an accurate description of my duties and responsibilities. I further understand that management reserves the right to make changes to this description at any time without prior notice.