- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a camp community or equivalent.
- Supervisory Experience Required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day non-clerical business administration of The Salvation Army Echo Grove including preparation of the budget and the supervision/approval of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and petty cash.
- Responsible for the final recommendations of personnel actions for full-time and part-time staff including hiring, termination and discipline. Oversee and regularly communicate with department heads in establishing goals and objectives for each department.
- Responsible for all licensing of the facility, and USDA agreements and certification in all activities areas.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to communicate the objectives of The Salvation Army Echo Grove Camp, ensure effective communication among staff and set up accountability system for staff.
- Oversee all capital projects in conjunction with outside sources. Submit proposals, requisitions to DFB for approvals.
- Work with DHQ Development Department to foster community relations. Establish and maintain relationships with corporations, universities and high schools.
- Respond to all outside requests and inquiries for information regarding The Salvation Army Echo Grove Camp.
- Maintain and establish community relations by participating in a minimum of one community outreach/volunteer organization.
- Act as liaison with outside marketing/advertising organizations and DHQ regarding the development and publicity of web-site and written promotional literature.
- Develop and implement short term and long term strategic plan of The Salvation Army Echo Grove Camp. Take measures to ensure compliance with the plan, compliance with DHQ and THQ mandates as well as the safety of participants and staff (i.e., Safe From Harm).
- Active participation in the Divisional Safe From Harm committee.
- Coordinate and oversee Echo Grove Advisory Council.
- Routinely evaluate the operational programs of the camp and report findings to the Camp Administrator.
- Manage the site facility in conjunction with the Site Manager, Food Service Manager and Activities Manger to ensure integrity of the total facility.
- Respond to all IT issues by referring them to DHQ or other appropriate IT department.
- Responsible for all guest relations including greeting up arrival, checking in through out their stay, finalizing bill and receiving payment upon departure.
- Responsible for the development of those involved with the Intern Program as spelled out in the Intern Program Manual.
- Responsible to work with the Divisional Youth Secretary to recruit and secure appropriate individuals for summer staff employment, train and process HR paperwork.
- Be available to serve on a committee with the Youth Department to develop the summer youth programs.
- Participate in planning and the implementation of Summer Staff Orientation week.
- Routinely evaluate the operational programs of the camp and report findings to the Camp Administrator and Divisional Youth Secretary.
- Responsible for the overseeing of the Day Camp Program.
- Order supplies for the Summer Camp Program (i.e. Froggies, The Grove and Day Camp).
- Any additional duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
From time to time duties and responsibilities that are not outlined in this job description may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the Camp Administrator.