The Salvation Army Service Extension unit located at 1200 E Broadway Blvd. Sedalia, Missouri, is looking for a part-time, up to 25 hours per week, Case Worker. The starting pay will be up to $12.00 an hour based on education and experience.
The Social Services Caseworker will provide intake, assessment, and services to individuals seeking ESS assistance. This will include assistance with food, utility bills, rent or mortgage payments, transportation, clothing and furniture vouchers, prescriptions and other basic needs items. The Caseworker will network with community agencies, programs and referral resources benefit the Corps. Position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies and standards.
1. Provide on-site and occasional outreach assistance to clients seeking emergency assistance.
2. Provide persons seeking assistance with intake and assessment activities to determine client eligibility and to match clients with resources.
3. Distribute food, vouchers, and/or checks as available to clients for purchases and payments and refer persons to other agencies if assistance is unavailable.
4. Identify resources available in service areas and maintain a current community resource guide to provide information and referral services and inform persons of the resources available to them.
5. Network with community agencies and organizations to maximize services to persons and occasionally liaison between clients, The Salvation Army and other agencies.
6. Record electronic and written client information in paper and computer records and maintain client confidentiality.
7. Record statistical data and provide statistical reports in a timely manner.
8. Caseworker will expend ESS funding and in-kind gifts in a manner that conforms to spending deadlines and utilizes tracking methods prescribed by Divisional Social Services. All reports must be submitted in a timely manner.
9. Maintain food pantry in clean and organized condition. Stock space with food products and distribution supplies.
10. Direct, schedule, and supervise the volunteer(s) staffing the food pantry.
11. Communicate social service activities to the community
12. Facilitate client application process for seasonal and special assistance as well as community programs.
13. Participate in seasonal events and resource collection as directed by supervisor.
14. Provide emergency social services during disaster situations for extended durations and in extreme conditions.
15. Represent The Salvation Army through the implementation of its mission in all service aspects.
16. Maintain confidentiality and comply with Safe From Harm guidelines.
17. Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers, and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of other’s property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
This job description should not be interpreted as an all inclusive list. It is intended to identify the essential duties and requirements of the position. Employee will follow other instructions, and perform other related duties, as may be required by his/her supervisor.
High School or equivalent diploma with some college training and two years related work experience. Combination of training and work experience will be considered. Must have an outgoing personality with good communication skills and an ability to work with diverse cultures. Strong leadership style and good organizational skills required. Commitment to carry out The Salvation Army’s mission is essential. Knowledge of The Salvation Army and Government, State and community resources is helpful. Must have working knowledge of computers. Must have reliable transportation, a valid Driver’s License and pass TSA MVR check. Good communication skills as well as the ability to work with diverse and challenging personalities are essential.