Looking for a place where “Doing the Most Good” is a mission? The Salvation Army has a Territorial Headquarters Administrative Assistant – Kroc Department position available for the ideal candidate.
This position is located at our easily accessible Central United States Headquarters in the northwest suburb of Hoffman Estates, Illinois near the Sears Centre.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled.
This individual will provide administrative support to the Territorial Kroc Department (TKDO). Some essential job duties include but not limited to:
1. Provide administrative support including use of Microsoft Office products, preparation of spreadsheets and reports and data management. Also responsible for maintaining department mailbox as well as the department head mailbox.
2. Coordinate meeting schedules which include travel and hotel reservations.
3. Work independently and consistently manage the flow of work at THQ while the officer and employee staff travel regularly in the territory.
4. Follow through on developing concepts as given outline by TKDO, including research, development, written material, and collaborative efforts.
5. Represent the TKDO as assigned (e.g. coordinating activities at THQ, attending functions and requesting assistance on their behalf).
High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred
A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing administrative support to a department including the department head. Must have experience working with department personnel that travels regularly. Experience within The Salvation Army preferred.