Responsible for ensuring the food pantry functions operate smoothly, maintaining cleanliness and adhering to sanitation requirements. Administer the packing and distribution of food boxes, working with volunteers, caseworkers and other staff to ensure efficient operation in all areas of the food pantry. This is a seasonal part-time position with a work week expectation of up to 25 hours per week.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Administer distribution of food boxes to individuals who have seen caseworker and have been approved to receive a food box.
• Learn the correct production of food boxes and create food boxes according to The Williston Salvation Army guidelines.
• Prepare and maintain a minimum of TEN food boxes daily or during scheduled working days.
• Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of all food pantry services, spaces, equipment and other food pantry related items including but not limited to the cooler and the walk in freezer.
• Maintain adequate shelf inventory, submit inventory reports to designated social services coordinator.
• Submit inventory needs report to designated social services coordinator when supplies are running low. This report should be provided by the FIFTH of every month.
• Administer the appropriate system to handle all food related gifts in kind, including proper storage, documentation and rotation.
• Work with Caseworkers to maintain rotation, proportional distribution and proper storage of all food pantry related items.
• Maintain healthy relationship with all food pantry volunteers and provide supervision and instruction to volunteers when needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
High School Diploma. Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, the ability to work independently and/or in a team setting. Possess a positive attitude, works well with others, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters and be well organized and efficient. Must be willing to support the Mission of The Salvation Army; be able to pass the organization’s pre-employment background checks, and clerical screenings if required. It must be understood by the incumbent that the position is subject to the requirements of Safe From Harm upon commencement of employment and that the required Safe From Harm training program must be satisfactorily completed, within the first thirty (30) days of employment.