The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
To perform common janitorial duties in the Sylvia Fites, Family Services and Child Care buildings ensuring a clean, healthy and well maintained work environment. Paying attention to detail, assuming initiative and taking pride in a clean environment is a must.
• Sweep, mop, vacuum and polish all floors as appropriate to include: offices, kitchens, breakrooms and stairwells
• Clean and refurbish floors using buffing machine as directed
• Empty trash/garbage in all areas and containers.
• Clean and sanitize bathrooms, including the ½ bath in the warehouse
• Stock bathroom supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
• Perform building inspections as part of routine cleaning and report
• Perform cleaning as appropriate when observations dictate an uncleanly environment, to include: dusting, picking up litter, wiping/sanitizing door handles, cleaning windows
• Pay attention to detail in cleaning responsibilities.
• Attend staff meetings as directed
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: Individual must be capable of performing the above essential duties in both outdoor and indoor environments. Work will be done in a temperature controlled environment and outdoors during all weather conditions. Individual must be able to lift up to fifty pounds frequently and up to one-hundred pounds occasionally. Scope of duty includes standing for periods of time. Individual must have the ability to be around cleaning chemicals.