The Donor Relations Assistant Lead will play an integral role in the development of efforts assisting the Donor Relations Director in managing major donor caseloads, research, communication and general office procedures, and will manage all DRD administrative assistants. This position requires the utmost confidentiality, accuracy, computer skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and a heart to help those in need.
• Supervise and manage all DRD administrative assistants
• Donor and prospect research
• Provided research tools, Google Alerts, and other search engines for research
• Proposal research
• Coordinate and continually update divisional donor database and other provided databases
• Confirm and assist in scheduling appointments with donors and prospects
• Detailed donor file coordination
• Monthly mailings
• Newsletters – develop and coordinate
• Composing correspondence and proposals/presentations
• Maintain expense and travel reports
• Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries
• Coordinate Donor Relations Director’s calendar
• Clerical and database entry
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls
• Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
• Database entry of DRD donor reports
• Keep monthly reports up to date (MIC)
• Answers phones for Donor Relations Director when needed. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other Development department team members.
• Other special projects as needed
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively at a moment’s notice with Donor Relations Director when she/he is in the field (donor visits)
• High school diploma
• Some college course work preferred.
• Prior training in computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
• Prior training in typing, business letter writing and time management.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• Must be strongly proficient in MS word, Excel, and the Internet.
• One year of previous experience as a DRD Administrative Assistant
• Ability to work independently and manage office when DRD is out of the office.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• A professional telephone manner is essential.
• Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.