Responsible for the sorting and pricing of merchandise by performing the following duties
1. Assign, direct and rotate to utilize in the most efficient manner the employees and beneficiaries working in the sorting room.
2. Ensure that all merchandise is priced according to pricing policy and that all color coded tags are correct for month and dated accordingly.
3. Ensure the processing room and work areas are cleaned-up each day, and the women’s lounge is cleaned setting up a monthly schedule using the women employees.
4. Responsible for the collection and security of all antiques, collectibles and valuable items.
5. Maintain security of merchandise, which includes being responsible for the adherence to the policy that no merchandise is taken, given, or lent by any employee or beneficiary except by approval of the administrator.
6. Ensure proper use, care and maintenance of equipment and equipment.
7. Maintain quality control for all materials going to the stores.
8. Use back guard provided by The Salvation Army when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
9. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
Supervise ___ sorting room employees and beneficiaries, carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with The Salvation Army policies and applicable laws
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Two (2) years warehouse experience with processing background and one (1) year supervisory experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to employees of work area.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The employee primarily works in a warehouse work environment with moderate noise level.
THE MISSION OF THE SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination