- Report to work promptly as scheduled.
- Work hours will vary depending on need with the most hours being the 2 weeks before Christmas.
- Represent The Salvation Army and its programs.
- Responsible for collecting toys and other items at various business locations throughout the Racine area.
- Call Corps Officer if driver will be absent or needs to leave early for any reason.
- Represent The Salvation Army by dressing and behaving appropriately.
- Collect toys and other items along the schedule and route provided, access to a GPS or mapping system is helpful but not required.
- Be cordial and polite to the public. Smile, make eye contact and greet people with "Thank you","Merry Christmas", or other appropriate greeting.
- Remain alert and aware of your surroundings, practice driving safety and precautions at all times.
- Drivers are not allowed to handle cash or coins. Return all checks to the Administrative Aide or ask the business to mail the checks to The Salvation Army 1901 Washington Ave. Racine, 53403.
- Must be able to lift boxes and bags up to 40 lbs.
- Follow Corps policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Will not leave vehicle running while unattended.
- Possess or use tobacco, gum, alcohol, weapons or illegal drugs.
- Will not eat or be on cell phone or text while driving.
- Be distracted (conversations with friends, shopping, etc.)
- Use profanity or become argumentative with the public.
- Take Toys or Money for personal use.
This individual interacts with a wide variety of people on a daily basis and acts as
a representative of The Salvation Army and its mission.
This position is supervised by the Case Manager. Each driver must perform their responsibilities within established policies and guidelines.