The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SALVATION ARMY
"The Salvation Army is a worldwide religious and charitable movement, motivated by love for God and concern for the needs of humanity. Through its various avenues of service it seeks to serve the needs of all those who come within its sphere of influence. It is expected that all employees of The Salvation Army will endeavor to relate to those whom
The Salvation Army serves in such a manner as to hold all mankind."
Under the direction of the Program Director, supervises and oversees the operation of Staples Family Center in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well being of residents; answer phones and monitors resident activity within the house; assures the on-going cleanliness and neatness of house.
1. Assumes responsibilities for and facilitates all residential activities during ones shift.
2. Continually interact with shelter residents. Provide support, encouragement and guidance to all residents in program.
3. Assures the continued safety and well being of all residents. It is the responsibility of the residential services associate to enforce shelter policy without discrimination, oversee client chores, and to help maintain the facility.
4. Under direction of Program Director, finish processing all admissions and maintain client files according to procedure.
5. Completes all necessary paperwork thoroughly and on a timely basis including daily stats sheet, client records, daily house logs and other paperwork as assigned.
6. Conducts room checks, discharge residents, prepare meals, clean vacant rooms and do shelter laundry.
7. Provide crisis intervention as needed and complete incident reports as required.
8. Assist in implementing emergency procedures.
9. Residential Service Associates are required to stay with residents until the next shift arrives, even if this requires you to stay over another shift. If a residential services associate fails to report for their shift you must contact the Program Director for further instructions.
10. Completes other duties as assigned.
The Staples Family Center Residential Services Associate is accountable to the Staples Family Center Program Director and the Director of Social Services. The residential services associate is expected to carry out his/her duties responsibly and in a manner that is in compliance with the ministry and purpose of The Salvation Army.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Some knowledge of social services and/or behavioral sciences helpful.
3. Good oral and written communication skills
4. Computer experience required.
5. Good crisis intervention skills
6. Ability to walk up and down stairs (3 floors)
7. Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
8. Must be able to work well with minimal direct supervision and at times make decisions which will impact the ministry of those we serve.
9. Must be able to understand and work within the mission of The Salvation Army.
Position is hourly/non exempt
This is a part time position that will require flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled
shift to include weekends and holidays. This facility is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
and must be staffed at all times.