The PR Manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation for all public relations strategies and relationships with local media outlets. He/she will work very closely with the Campaigns Manager to ensure that all agencies related to development and marketing work with a consistent brand and message, across all platforms and campaigns.
• Responsible for Media Relations, to include: relationship development; divisional media tool kit, development and updates, staff training & coaching; serve as point of contact for media at special events, fundraising events, and public initiatives.
• Responsible for Social Media, to include: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram – vision, updates and upkeep; support Corps, ensure that division standards are adhered to; and work in partnership with web manager.
• Responsible for Writing/Content Development, to include: program and client stories; press releases; event scripts; brochures and special mailings; annual report; internal communications; and support Corps as requested.
• Responsible for Newsletter development and content.
• Develop and maintain divisional blog.
• Responsible for Video creation and development, to include: events; awards; web.
• Responsible for Sports Teams Engagement, to include: relationship development; and special events.
• Responsible for Holiday Events PR representation and support to include: Holiday Train; Plaza Lighting; Fan Drive; Other Opportunities.
• Support Corporate Partner Initiatives with appropriate staff.
• 4-year college degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism or graphic design required.
• Will consider work experience and portfolio in lieu of degree.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• 3+ years proven experience in online marketing, public relations, or fundraising related fields.
• 2+ years working knowledge of social media platforms and Web 2.0 communication tools.
• Working knowledge of social media.
• Excellent writing and editing skills and superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous Media Relations experience a plus
Able to pass The Salvation Army Driver Qualification Program
Willingness to support the Mission of The Salvation Army qualification.