The Salvation Army Midland Division Headquarters is looking for a highly organized, multi-tasker with a great eye for details to join our Social Service department as our new Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week, that comes with a great benefits package. Minimum starting pay will be $17.00 an hour.
1. Manage Social Services related contract processing system:
a. Receipting of contracts; multi-stage tracking of contracts, including: preparation of contracts for Divisional Finance Board (DFB) review; transmittal of contracts to Territorial Headquarters (THQ); return of executed contracts to contract sources, and corps/institutions.
b. Monitor communications from contract sources and address: identifying and processing contracts needing action ensuring contracts are appropriately and timely executed; identifying and resolving processing issues or contract elements preventing contract disruptions; and, notifying and tasking Social Services, Business, and unit personnel with needed contract processing actions.
c. Maintain electronic contract tracking database: recording all contracts; gleaning and entering key contract elements; identifying relevant staff responsible for contract elements and entering them in database; tracking completion of basic, key elements; and, manipulating database to trigger electronic communication action alerts.
d. File contracts, electronically and physically, by Corps/Institution/Program as well as color-coded physical tracking system to ensure prompt and orderly completion of contract execution. Participate in development/implementation of contract compliance protocols.
2. Maintain divisional Safe From Harm (SFH – child and vulnerable adult safety program) personnel training record databases: entry into one database and coordination/extraction of another database; receiving and distributing SFH certificates; tracking SFH trainers’ statuses and activities; and, notifying Corps/units of personnel SFH training statuses.
3. Monitor DSSD e-mail account addressing and answering routine e-mails, redirecting e-mails to relevant personnel, and highlighting e-mails for DSSD action.
4. Maintain individual electronic calendar for DSSD including scheduling DSSD directed appointments and accepting calendar request for DSSD, and entering DSSD events into collective DFB calendar.
5. Prepare, maintain, and track Command Mission and Program records for review by the Divisional Command Mission and Program Council (CMPC). Prepare and transmit CMPC decisions/recommendations to Territorial Mission and Program Council (TMPC) as necessary and in response transmit TMPC actions to CMPC and divisional Corps/units.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
High school or GED with one year of college and three years related work experience. Combination of training and experience will be considered. Have a valid driver’s license, pass TSA/MVR check; must have reliable transportation. Communicate effectively verbally and in written form, and with all levels of officers and staff. Must be a team player, a self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time, and perform well with minimum supervision. Attention to fine detail is critical. Must demonstrate ability to think independently, exercise sound judgment, and follow through on projects and daily tasks in the absence of the DSSD.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.