To assess individuals/families for services. Supervise the residents who are living in the facility.
*This position is part-time, 3rd shift*
• Pre-screening homeless individuals/families that are in need of a long term, transitional program
• Provide linkages with appropriate agencies/community resources
• Completion of intake procedures (paperwork, facility tour, providing supplies, etc.)
• Completion of daily, weekly, monthly paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Supervision of the facility and the residents. Responsible for maintaining the safety of the group and ensuring compliance with house rules and program policies.
• Assisting residents in the following areas: Crisis stabilization, developing problem solving skills, appropriate parenting behavior, and independent living skills development.
• Responsible for snack and meal preparation.
• Participate in staff trainings (Blood Borne Pathogens, Safe From Harm, First Aid, etc.).
• Ensure the safety of the residents and the facility.
• As part of The Salvation Army, comply with all confidentiality laws applying to social services
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Director.
• High school graduate (or G.E.D.) required. Prefer at least 2 years of college in social services field
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• Direct experience in Social Services (volunteer or paid position)
• Ability to work with a diverse population
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Possess emotional maturity, honesty and flexibility
• Good organizational skills
• Supportive of administrative and program objectives