Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Thrift Store by greeting and assisting customers, operating the cash register and accurately make monetary transactions. Manage donated clothing and items by sorting, pricing, and appropriately displaying items received. Lifting heavy boxes and picking up items at their location as needed. This is a part-time regular position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Greet and assist all customers in a polite and professional manner.
• Operate the cash register.
• Place new clothing from Z-Racks when they are moved out to the sales floor.
• Keep all clothing and other merchandise neat and orderly.
• Assist with housekeeping, vacuum sales floor daily and other chores to maintain the store in a clean, neat safe and orderly manner.
• Maintain display window.
• Report safety hazards to Store Manager.
• Must be able to fill out donation receipts for donors.
• Bail all cardboard and stack it for disposal
• Supervise and train volunteers as needed
Responsibilities in Handling Donations:
• Occasionally sort donated items
• Place clothing and items on display in the appropriate sales area as needed
• Throw away all stained, torn, and damaged goods
• Clothing that is stained, torn, and outdated is to be bundled up for rags
• Pricing of donated items
• Attend meetings
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers. This would include, but is not limited to such actions: work as a team with co-workers for better store efficiency, resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person and professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, and subordinates.
• Support the mission of The Salvation Army by treating every client and colleague with individual respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• And all other duties as assigned and consistent with the mission of The Salvation Army.
The qualified candidate must have a High school diploma/GED and he/she must be at least 18 years of age. Previous cashier experience helpful is helpful. Possess an aptitude in both written and oral communication, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters, be able to work with a wide range or customers and staff and be well organized and efficient. Must be a team player and able to work independently. Must be able to pass The Salvation Army’s background check and MVR drivers’ qualification; must be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.