• The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of The Salvation Army mission statement and ability to work within its stated objectives.
• High level of computer knowledge specifically Lotus Notes, SHELBY Data System and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or significant experience in similar position.
• Ability to work with limited supervision, high organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to bend, reach and stoop.
• Prolonged sitting.
Position Status: Non – Exempt (Hourly)
• The Bookkeeper exists to fulfill the mission of The Salvation Army by maintaining accurate and up to date financial records, for all accounts associated with the Midland Corps Community Center.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Record all weekly/daily income and expenses
• Perform routine check runs weekly
• Prepare and report bi-weekly payroll
(a) Enter payroll expense in SHELBY during the week it is to occur, to maintain the timely and up to date reporting credibility.
• File all records timely and accurately
• Perform routine weekly and monthly reviews and analysis of financial data to ensure accurate and up to date credibility of the Corps financial standing
(a) Weekly dashboard reports – to the Corps Officer
(b) Monthly reporting – to the Corps Officer /DHQ
(c) Monthly Bank Reconciliations
(d) Post any monthly adjustments immediately upon findings/receipt
• Perform Monthly closing according to DHQ’s monthly closing standards
• Coordinate and prepare for yearly audit
(a) Post any audit findings immediately upon receipt
• Represent the Salvation Army’s values and beliefs in all your dealings
• Represent The Salvation Army at official/community meetings as requested by the Corps Officers. Provide written report of meeting to the Officers within two working days following the meeting
• Attend appropriate seminars and workshops as requested by the Corps Officer
• Assist the Corps Officers in the effective running of the daily operation of the Corps Community Center by fulfilling all assigned duties.
• Willingness to fill in where and as needed to fulfill the mission of The Salvation Army- Midland Corps