The Salvation Army, an international movement, is and evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human need in His name without discrimination.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:. Responsible for transporting clients from hosting church in the evening and to transit center in the morning.
2. Responsible for keeping a daily tally of people for D.H.Q. statistics.
3. Responsible for the upkeep of the gym bathrooms.
4. Responsible for the putting away of mattresses, pillows and blankets neatly in the gym ball closet.
5. Responsible for spending the night and the monitoring and supervision of clients throughout the entire evening.
6. Responsible for monitoring client showers.
7. Keeping track of food and food supplies. Coordinating preparation and all aspects of food service.
8. Responsible for the laundering of towels, pillow cases, etc., after use from clients.
9. Recruit and schedule volunteers to help with program.
10. Cleaning and storing program supplies at completion of season.
11. Ability and willingness to promote and comply with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at the discretions of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Interface with corps officers, program leaders, other employees, community activity groups, clients, and volunteers.
Under general supervision of the Director of Community Ministries, working under established policies and guidelines of The Salvation Army, and to be in agreement with The Salvation Army mission.
SUPERVISIONS OF OTHERS:
Volunteers and Drivers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent, with training in typing, computer use, and good communication skills. The ability to work well with people. To be in agreement with The Salvation Army mission and general knowledge of programs of The Salvation Army. Must acquire a MVR & Chauffeur License.