The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Operate a cash register, credit card machine, and adding machine to facilitate sales, and reconcile cash drawer at end of shift.
• Assist in warehouse with sorting, hanging, organizing product.
• Assist on sales floor with organizing and staging product.
• Assist in loading/unloading of trucks, customer’s vehicles and/or donor’s vehicles.
• Assist with janitorial duties to ensure cleanliness in all areas of the Thrift Store.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner that fosters good relationships with program participants, coworkers and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: conflict resolution; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and program participants; respect of other’s property and person; and communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED and one year work related experience. Combination of work experience and training will be considered.
Experience: Outgoing personality with good communication skills and ability to work with diverse cultures are necessary. Ability to accurately count money, operate a cash register, and operate an adding machine required. Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions, material safety data sheets, and other documents. Individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army and be able to pass background check.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This Position is required to do light to moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes a warehouse environment with a moderate noise level, and is not in a stably temperature controlled environment. Must be capable of lifting 30 pounds, and moving 50 pounds or more using a dolly/cart/truck.