Looking for a place where “Doing the Most Good” is a mission! The Salvation Army has a Human Resources Specialist position available for the ideal candidate!
This individual will provide assistance with human resource processes at our Headquarters office including: job evaluation and market benchmarking, job description development, recruitment and onboarding, leave administration, Affirmative Action, and Workers’ Compensation administration. This individual must be a quick learner and have the ability to handle many tasks throughout the day.
We offer a competitive employee benefit program which includes a comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription drug plan, disability benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays and 12 paid sick days annually, and paid vacation. We also have a hot lunch program on certain days of the week, monthly employee appreciation luncheons, a summer flex schedule, health and wellness events as well as an onsite fitness center where you can earn up to 2 fitness days off each year!
This position is located at our easily accessible Central United States Headquarters in the northwest suburb of Hoffman Estates, Illinois near the Sears Center.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for this position, please call 847-294-2166
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled
Some Job Duties include:
• Update and maintain the territorial career web site and applicant tracking system. Assist the field with the career web site and web based applicant tracking and onboard systems.
• Administer recruitment for all levels of positions in a headquarters and education environment.
• Screen and determine the suitability of applicants for employment based on qualifications.
• Evaluate jobs using a point factor system or market benchmarking to determine appropriate compensation level and exemption status.
• Consult with employees and supervisors regarding FMLA and other leaves; prepare, distribute and track leave documentation.
• Provide data for various local and national surveys.
• Assist with development of an annual affirmative action plan and related strategies.
• Administer Workers’ Compensation claims
Associate Degree in Business Administration, Human Services, or related field.
3 years experience in HR required. Experience in affirmative action, recruitment, electronic job boards, FMLA, and/or Worker’s Compensation preferred