Responsible for counseling clients, conducting intakes, assessments, crisis intervention, , developing treatment plans, ongoing follow up counseling and treatment plan reviews, developing safety plans, group therapy and education and facilitating referrals.
Essential Duties (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.):
1. Maintain confidential, systematic, accurate documentation of client progress.
2. Lead group counseling and education sessions with clients daily.
3. Conduct evaluation interviews to assess the type of treatment required by the client.
4. Make referrals to Community Support Worker, Mental Health Counselor and outside agencies as needed.
5. Conduct family education sessions and/co-dependent counseling.
6. Maintain daily service activity reports, monthly veterans assistance reports, weekly staffing reports and other reports as needed.
7. Attend weekly staff meetings, counseling team meetings, peer to peer chart review sessions, monthly in service training sessions, and other meetings as directed.
8. Participate in related community activities as time permits.
9. Maintain positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers, and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner, courteous treatment of clients, staff, visitors, and volunteers; respect of others person and property; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Psychiatric Nursing or related field
two years full time experience in treatment or rehabilitation of substance abuse required; OR Alcohol, Drug or Substance Abuse Counselor certified