Responsible for transporting kettle workers and kettle equipment during the Christmas Kettle Campaign. This is a temporary seasonal position, ending on or about December 24th.
• Deliver kettles each day to the designated sites, assuring each kettle is properly secured to the stand, functional and proper signage is placed.
• Transport kettle bellringers to and from kettle sites, ensuring they have the appropriate equipment.
• Change kettles and signs as needed throughout the day.
• Pick-up all kettles and signs at the end of the day and deliver them to the designated location as scheduled – ensuring each kettle is properly identified and accounted for.
• Assist with bank deposits as needed.
• Assist with counting kettles
• Assist daily with the picking up of toys and various donations from area businesses, the mall gift booth, schools, churches, etc. for distribution as needed
• See that kettles are picked up and dropped off throughout the day in a timely manner.
• Drive by kettle locations throughout the day to make sure ringers are properly placed and representing TSA in a professional manner
• Never carry kettle keys with you.
• When counting kettles; never count alone, always have at least one non-related person count with you
• Never arrive to switch kettles out earlier then 5-10 minutes
• Practice safe driving skills and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Always drive safely leaving the Corps in plenty of time
• Report to Direct Supervisor any problems or concerns regarding ringers or store personal
• If someone asks you a question that you cannot answer do not reply with an “I don’t know” response but rather something like “I don’t have the answer for that, let me get back to you” or refer them to the Direct Supervisor.
• Support the mission of The Salvation Army by treating every client & co-worker with individual respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• All other seasonal duties as assigned
Possess a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience and meet the MVR Drivers qualifications. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings, and Saturdays, reliable and trustworthy in the handling of cash and other assets, willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army and pass the background checks. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.