Assists in the preparation and service of food and snacks in an instructional setting.
• Using basic cooking utensils and equipments
• Assists in preparing and serving of meals and snacks
• Prepares and places food items for storage in designated areas
• Operates dishwashing equipment
• Cleans work areas, equipments and utensils, Maintaining high sanitary standards and meeting licensing regulations
• Maintain security of work area and food inventory area
• May deliver meals to offsite locations
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must possess ServeSafe Certification or able to acquire one within 90 days of employment.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• Prior cooking/food service experience in an institutional setting preferred
• First Aid and CPR Certification
• Supportive of Salvation Army mission statement, policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality including HIPPA standards and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively with people
• Ability to maintain professionalism in conduct while establishing positive relationship with diverse population
• Ability to pass licensing requirement/health regulation
• Ability to work in warm and cold environments with extensive standing, bending, reaching and lifting up to forty pounds
• Ability to read, interpret and follow nutritional communications, recipes and product labels.
• If required to operate vehicle, must be able to meet The Salvation Army’s Driver Qualification program.
• Must have your own vehicle due to limited availability of public transportation
• Must maintain a local contact phone number in case of staffing emergencies.