The Kettle Driver is responsible for the safe distribution, changing and retrieving of kettles throughout the city of Brooklyn Park and other northwest suburbs as indicated on the daily route sheets and schedule. The incumbent is also responsible to assist in preparing kettle locations by setting up equipment as needed. This is a seasonal position with a workweek expectation of 20 to 40 hours per week with some overtime possible with prior authorization.
• Take out designated kettles each morning following route list and assuring each kettle is properly secured to the stand and proper sign is placed (by 10:00 am or earlier as scheduled)
• Change kettles and signs as needed – put identification tag in picked up kettles and take kettles to designated safe room
• Check kettles and make changes as needed or scheduled between 4:00 and 6:00 (make sure each kettle has id tag placed in it)
• Pick-up all kettles and group signs at 8:00p.m. and deliver to designated safe room – assuring each kettle is properly identified
• Assist in counting of kettles and verify that all kettles are accounted for
• Assist in securing all kettles for transport to Garda.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer or designate.
The Kettle Driver must have a good driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience. The incumbent should have good driving direction knowledge of the northwest Minneapolis suburban area. Must be able to work mornings, evenings, and Saturdays starting Mid-November through December 24th (exact dates change yearly). Must be reliable and trustworthy in the handling of cash and other assets; the incumbent must pass The Salvation Army’s Criminal background check and Driver Qualification, and must be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.