The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Pathway of Hope Duties:
Ensure quality of Pathway of Hope planning and implementation
Ensure consistent communication by participating in monthly conference calls
Share updated information with staff and Advisory Board
Prepare monthly reports on Pathway of Hope progress and status
Ensure the quality of local Corps data and reporting of information outcomes
Collaborate for ongoing development of policies and procedures
Attend and serve on groups in the community related to case management and emergency assistance as requested
Develop a casework plan for each Pathway of Hope client
Interview, assess each case, and disburse assistance as needed within current policy guidelines
Provide guidance and promote the spiritual dimension of The Salvation Army social service program
Report and collaborate with Pathway of Hope Regional Coordinator
Attend Pathway of Hope training workshops as needed
Perform other duties as assigned
Social Ministries Responsibilities:
Conduct assessment of client needs
Communicate services to clients, as well as general public and community partners
Establish written policies and procedures to determine eligibility for services
Provide timely, accurate documentation of services/care coordination activities
Provide services as appropriate and based on availability and eligibility
Maintain client confidentiality
Network with agency partners to provide appropriate referral for services to clients
Maintain records for monthly reporting and statistics
Assist in planning and administering budgets
Assist in collecting data and other information to evaluate program impact
Assist in preparing reports for management, Advisory Board, supporters and the public
Assist in grant writing for social service related funding
As applicable, provide supervision for social work interns and volunteers
Represent the organization in public as needed
Report and collaborate with Corps Officers
Manage and organize all incoming donations, as well as maintain provisions for emergency assistance
Maintain organization of food pantry and preparation of food boxes.
Collaborate with volunteers and Corps Officers on Fresh Food Table Giveaway.
Organize and implement Christmas assistance such as Angel Tree and food/toy distribution to include the supervision of volunteers for these activities.
Perform other duties as assigned
Education: A Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Two years related experience, including knowledge of and/or experience working collaboratively with social service providers, public and private human service agencies, and health specialists.
• Knowledge of and/or experience in community outreach, human services and community improvement. Ability to collaborate on complex social issues within families and communities.
• Must have an interest and ability to work with people and clients of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner.
• Capacity to teach adults and families.
• Demonstrated knowledge of state and local social service resources.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience or capacity to demonstrate positive interpersonal skills and work as a cooperative team member.
• Demonstrated awareness of budget resources and cost control, as well as planning and administering social service budgets.
• Ability to help establish policies and procedures.
• Proficiency in computer software applications, including demonstrated experience in using email, MS Office applications and using the internet for conducting research and locating resources.
• Must be able to pass background check and yearly motor vehicle check. Must have valid driver’s license.
• Must keep current on Salvation Army Safe From Harm training and certification
Physical Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Must be able to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. There are no special vision requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles and work in outdoor weather conditions. There is moderate noise level for this position.