The incumbent is primarily responsible for picking up program participants as well as for the pick-up and deliver of weekly food donations from local area businesses including a Saturday morning pick-up and delivery. This is a part time position with week expectation of up to 10 hours per week.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Pick-up participants for church services, mid-week programs as well as pick-up up food from area business donors and deliver it to the Corps food shelf, which involves loading and unloading of food donations, including (but not limited to) canned goods, frozen meats, dairy and bakery products.
• Load donations in a safe, secure manner to minimize damage and breakage to donations and property
• Weigh and appropriately store food in as directed.
• Report all maintenance and performance concerns to supervisor as needed to assure that van run safely and efficiently
• Maintain interior of van in a clean orderly condition
• And all other duties as assigned by the Corps Officers.
High School Diploma with previous driving experience, and have a clean driving record, meet the MVR drivers qualifications, Must be able to deal courteously with donors and other employees. Must be able to make decisions regarding potential donations based on given general guidelines. Ability to handle donations in proper and appropriate manner to avoid damage and breakage. Must be able to work flexible schedules. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others, respect confidentiality, able to work irregular hours, operate the Corps van or truck, hand truck, laser thermometer, and electronic scale and pass the background checks. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.