Driver is responsible for transporting kettle equipment and ringers during the kettle campaign. Should be friendly and able to work in a positive manner and handle high-stress situations. Should be able to work in various weather conditions and able to make quick decisions. This is a seasonal position with a workweek expectation of up to 40 hours per week without benefits.
• Drive ringers to appropriate sites, record drop-off time, check kettle and tag number, and secure kettle with padlock.
• Ensure ringers have appropriate equipment, including kettles, bells, and aprons.
• Change kettles and signs as needed- deliver kettles to designated safe room/location.
• Check kettles and signs as needed or as scheduled.
• Pick-up all kettles, signs and ringers at the end of the day and deliver them to the designated location as scheduled- ensuring each kettle is properly identified and accounted for.
• All other duties as assigned.
Possess a valid drivers’ license, have a good driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience (including in inclement weather) and meet the MVR Drivers qualifications. Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including evenings and Saturdays), be reliable and trustworthy in the handling of cash and other assets, and willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army.