The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Find and recruit volunteers for all departments.
• Process volunteer applications.
• Maintain computer database.
• Maintain contact with existing volunteer base via thank you notes, additional volunteer opportunities, certificates of appreciation, etc.
• Identify clubs, organizations, companies and groups in the community and establish partnerships for volunteer opportunities.
• Create presentations, schedule and conduct presentations to various clubs, organizations, companies and groups.
• Collect and report statistics.
• Complete reports for appropriate agencies and The Salvation Army records.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner that fosters good relationships with program participants, coworkers and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: conflict resolution; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and program participants; respect of other’s property and person; and communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates preferred or two year’s work related experience. Combination of work experience and training will be considered.
Experience: Outgoing personality with good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with diverse cultures are necessary. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, have a strong background in data entry, and be highly organized. Must be capable of creating and routing correspondence with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate the ability to operate standard office equipment. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, pass an annual MVR check, and be able to pass and maintain any driving certifications as required. Also, individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army; must be able to pass background check.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This position requires light to moderate physical activity. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to lift and move 30 lbs., remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a personal computer. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level.