Assist Corps Officers with overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Jamestown Corps; including personnel, personal computers, copiers and fax machines. Provide basic information about The Salvation Army social services. This is a full-time regular position with a work-week expectation of 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Manage the Corps operations efficiently and effectively, while maintaining the established SA policies and procedures.
• Manage and maintain all employee and volunteer employment records in accordance with SA policy and procedures.
• Prepare and process payments to vendors in a timely and accurate manner as needed.
• Watch for and prevent security risks and theft.
• Welcome visitors and greet clients and assist in gathering paperwork.
• Answer telephone, provide information, transfer calls, and take accurate messages as needed.
• Perform client interviews and document proper case notes for each interview as needed.
• Collect and data enter all client information into Service Point/HMIS as needed.
• Maintain and report statistical information as required i.e. stats, Wisdom, and client intake.
• Coordinate and provide support for seasonal programs as required.
• Perform case management as required.
• Coordinate and perform grants management as required.
• Assist Pantry Manager as needed to place food orders and shop for necessities for the Corps and Food Pantry.
• Assist Pantry Manager as needed to coordinate and participate in the delivery of food, stocking and restocking the Food Pantry with food donations.
• Handle correspondence by telephone, email and mail as required.
• Assist Corps Officers with planning and/or conducting weekly, seasonal, EDS and Community events.
• Complete EDS training requirements.
• Provide spiritual and emotional care as required for SA clients.
• Oversee maintenance of office equipment.
• Maintain office supply inventory and order as needed
• Provide on call after hours support to assist clients as needed every 3rd month.
• Manage corps and social services activities in the absence of corps officers i.e; furlough, outside meetings.
• Perform Sunday services when asked in the absence of officers on furlough.
• Attend community meetings at the request of the Corps Officers, i.e; Homeless Coalition, Local Emergency Planning Committee, etc.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Corps Officers.
High School Diploma with three years’ experience working in Corps management. Self-motivated, computer literate and proficient in Microsoft products, possess an aptitude in both written and oral communication, have excellent administrative and management skills, trustworthy especially in confidential matters, work independently, as well as with a team, well organized and able to multi-task. Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, appropriate assertiveness. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work within ethical and legal parameters of social services. Understanding of the delivery of social services. Ability to accept supervision and work well with clients of diverse cultural and socioeconomic groups. Willingness to support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of The Salvation Army. Able to pass The Salvation Army background check, possess a valid ND drivers’ license, good driving record and meet the MVR drivers’ qualification requirements. Complete ongoing training as provided. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.